Monday, May 21, 2012

The waiting game and the considerate baby

...

.....

.......


It’s becoming clearer as every day passes that this baby is in no hurry to make an appearance. As soon as 1 May arrived, I said to my belly:

It’s ok to come out now!

*silence*

I like to consider myself to be a pretty patient person, and by no means am I over being pregnant, I’ve just been hoping that the baby might have wanted to come and say hi a little bit earlier. I know that on average, first babies are notorious for being overdue. But recently I’ve heard of a few friends of friends, whose babies have arrived early (one of these girlies even had a due date after me!) I feel calm, relaxed, good and ready, which is why I am confused curious banging my head against the wall wondering why the baby is staying quiet.

Hello?

*silence*

Everyday I give myself a reason why the baby hasn’t arrived yet.

Yesterday the baby didn’t arrive because I still hadn’t finished picking up the last minute items needed for my hospital bag.


On the weekend the baby didn’t arrive because I HAD to go to the NKOTBSB concert was in town.


And last week the baby didn’t arrive because Maxi and Ralphi decided to do some last minute house renovations and smash crash through remove a window for some unknown reason.


Rather than feel bummed that the baby hasn’t arrived, I really should be more glass half full.

It was rather considerate that the baby didn’t arrive yesterday; otherwise I could not confidently say that I am finally packed. It was considerate that the baby didn’t arrive before the weekend otherwise I would not have been able to go to the NKOTBSB concert (and go back to being the high school groupie in me who LOVES the Backstreet Boys). And it was considerate that the baby didn’t arrive last week so that I could tend to the Maxi and Ralphi’s attempts at DIY.

So today, instead of thinking of a reason why the baby may or may not arrive today, I’m just going to sit back, relax and take in some sun (it’s 17 degrees today, but at least it’s not raining!)

xoxo Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Thoughts? Feedback?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...