Friday, June 8, 2012

#1 Have a Baby

IT'S A BOY!

Yes, my little man arrived one day after his due date, weighing in at 3.74kg, and 53cm long:



We call him Froggie. Because when he lies on your chest in his green onsie with his arms and legs are tucked up into his body, well, he looks like a frog. See?



My labour/delivery didn’t go as expected, (but then everyone told me not to have any expectations), but it also was not as bad as I thought it would be. Yes I was in labour for 12 hours, and yes it hurt (a lot!), but most importantly we came out the other side an instant family.

The midwives and the doctors at the hospital were great. And I mean really great. A few of my friends have had babies and they have all told me stories of not-so-nice midwives, and doctors whose faces they would not remember as they only got to see them very briefly. So I was very glad that when all the hospital staff, (six days in the hospital x three shift changes = 18 different midwives during my stay) were supportive of my needs, pleasant to be around, and didn’t give too much conflicting opposing information. I would definitely go back there to have my future babies.

Motherhood is exactly what people say, you’re sleep deprived, you never have enough time for anything, and in the first days home, family and friends make, bring and buy you dinner. I’ve been home from the hospital for a week and a half and today is the first time I’ve been able to get onto my laptop, which I think is scary. In my digital world, there are over 500 emails waiting to be deleted opened, and 80+ blog posts to read in my reading list. But in my physical world there is a load of washing to hang out, a load of washing to put in the machine and a baby to feed (which can happen anytime between now and the next 90 minutes.)

So I can mark off  #1 on my Mrs Bucket list:

#1 Have a Baby

That makes three items marked off my Mrs Bucket list.

I’m still committed to the list, but realistically, I may not get to all of them before I turn thirty. So I’ve decided that rather than try to complete the remaining twenty-seven items in the next twelve weeks, I have decided to extend my Mrs Bucket list time frame to the end of the year, with the aim of completing half the list before I’m thirty. When I was paid employment, extending deadlines was not something I was ever allowed liked to do, but since I’m now doing home duties, I’m going to throw myself a bone.

Ahh, there’s the baby crying, it must be feeding time, at least I got to finish writing this blog post. If you’re a mama, leave me a comment on time management tips that worked for you with your new baby.

xoxo Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Thoughts? Feedback?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...