Monday, July 23, 2012

Pattern Review – Easy peasy baby jacket

Late last year my grandmother came to visit for the arrival of my cousin’s first baby. I was so happy to have her visit, as I hadn’t seen her in three years, and since I was a few weeks pregnant, I was excited to be able to share the news with her in person. Once we announced the pregnancy, my grandmother wasted no time in sourcing needles and wool, and began making a variety of beautiful cardigans/jackets, a pullover, a jumpsuit, and even a teddy bear for Froggie. During her stay, my grandmother and I would sit, knit (I would crochet), and chat, and for the first time in my adult life, I got to have some real special one-on-one time with a grandparent. I loved spending this quality time with her, and look forward to the day that I can do it again. So it was while I watched my grandmother make these woollen items, I decided that I needed to knit something more substantial than just the bubba booties.

I’d read about the Bendigo Woollen Mills on this blog, so I went to their website and bought this awesome baby wool:


And here is what I made:



The pattern is from Patons Quick & Easy Baby Knits #6000 (the only knitting book I own!), and as the title suggests, was very easy. It wasn’t a quick knit for me, but that’s because I am not yet a super fast knitter, but I’m sure I will get there. I just love the stone colour of the wool, and I love how it feels. I added orange buttons to the jacket, as that’s all I had on hand, and I think they look great, adding a pop of colour to the jacket. Here are the details on ravelry. I can’t wait for Froggie to get bigger so that he can wear it, he will be gorgeous in it I’m sure!

When I was at my parent’s house recently, I noticed that one of Mum’s gossip magazines came with a knitting booklet, so I think I’ve found inspiration for my next knitting project!

xoxo Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Thoughts? Feedback?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...