Saturday, August 4, 2012

The retirement of 0000

Last week I retired all of Froggie’s 0000 clothes.

:(

Although he has only outgrown a few items, it didn’t seem right to continue to wear the rest of the 0000 clothes, so I decided to retire them all.

:(

I’ve been in denial about his clothing size for about 2 weeks, so I continued to squeeze convince his little legs into his clothes. But when the little buttons look like they’re about to burst open, even I know that’s not a good look. So we’re a little sad that he’s growing so fast.

(No more Froggie in his froggie onesie)

But on the upside, Froggie gets to wear all the new 000 clothes, including his ‘going home’ outfit (which he never wore because it was too big). The red and navy stripes are just darling, don’t cha think?


I also did some clothing retirement of my own too. I retired my Mavi maternity jeans. These are by far the most comfiest, best fitting, perfect length jeans I’ve ever worn. When I first heard that Mavi makes designer maternity jeans, I raced to my closest David Jones to buy a pair. Sure the $169 price tag was NOT appealing, so I decided to ‘just check them out,’ with no intention of purchasing a pair.

To my relief shock surprise, the Mavi maternity jeans were on clearance/sale and I got them for $49! Bargain! I also wasn’t expecting to wear them for very long, as I got them when I was 5 months pregnant, but again to my surprise, I continued to wear them for the rest of the pregnancy. But since I’m not pregnant any more (and haven’t been for the last 10 weeks) I thought it’s time to retire put them on sabbatical until my next pregnancy. See you later soon Mavi maternity jeans!

So since I have a denim deficit in my wardrobe, I need to make everything equal in the world again (yes, this is how a rationalise buying new clothes). I’m just loving all of the coloured denim that is available right now, the brights, the pastels and the earth tones, so this morning I went out and purchased my first pair of coloured denim, in bright blue. I love them!



As soon as I got home, I tried them on for mr gasket, and he liked them too, and said that I should go get another pair in a different colour. Yes please, no need to tell me twice!

Have you got a pair of coloured denim? What colour do you have, and what colour should I buy next?

xoxo Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Thoughts? Feedback?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...